- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or butter
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 4 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 – 4.5 quart
1. Sauté the onion in the olive oil in a small saucepan, stirring and cook-ing until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add the rice and stir to coat each grain--don’t let rice brown.
2. Spoon the onion and rice into the crockery of the slow-cooker and add the broth, salt, and herbs mixing to combine.
3. Cover; cook on low for 41/2 hours or on High for 2 1/4 hours.